35 Hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
with Kimberly Mantas
October 20th and 21st & November 3rd and 4th, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Restorative Yoga Training Intensive: 35 hour Yoga Alliance continuing education credits with a YACEP teacher.
- How stress affects the body
- Restorative poses & variations
- Energetics of the pose
- Appropriate application of poses
- Working with different bodies and abilities
- How to support the individual with props
- Sequencing of restorative poses
- Overview of the Biopsychosocial model
- Applying the kosha model to the restorative experience
- Concepts of healing: relaxation response, polyvagal theory and the parasympathetic nervous system
- Understanding the breath to promote deeper relaxation
- Benefits and contraindications of poses
- Applying the concepts of yoga and ayurveda to the restorative practice
- The importance of “voice and touch” and “no voice or no touch”
- Overcoming obstacles
- How to support the student to move safely to stillness
- Holding space for the student to heal and unwind
- Option for a certificate with the successful completion of an assignment
- Training Manual
- Letter of attendance for completing the program and an additional certificate upon completion and approval of additional assignment
- Restore and Balance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater (This book is not included in course fees.)
(28 contact hours – 7 non contact hours)
Early Bird: $499.00 + HST before August 31st, 2018
Beyond Yoga Teachers, Beyond Yoga YTT Graduates and Beyond Yoga YTT Students receive an additional $50 discount.
Kimberly Mantas is a full time certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), meditation and yoga teacher trainer (E-RYT) and she considers restorative yoga a foundational practice for both healing and enlightenment. It is a practice which she has personally cultivated and nurtured over more than 20 years. Kimberly enjoys leading clients, students, and teachers to be their best selves physically, emotionally and mentally through restorative yoga, pranayama, philosophy, ayurveda, meditation and asana and she focuses her time with her private clients as a yoga therapist, a yoga teacher trainer, and a leader of specialized trainings and workshops.