35 Hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
with Kimberly Mantas
October 20th and 21st & November 3rd and 4th, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Restorative Yoga Training Intensive: 35 hour Yoga Alliance continuing education credits with a YACEP teacher.
- How stress affects the body
- Restorative poses & variations
- Energetics of the pose
- Appropriate application of poses
- Working with different bodies and abilities
- How to support the individual with props
- Sequencing of restorative poses
- Overview of the Biopsychosocial model
- Applying the kosha model to the restorative experience
- Concepts of healing: relaxation response, polyvagal theory and the parasympathetic nervous system
- Understanding the breath to promote deeper relaxation
- Benefits and contraindications of poses
- Applying the concepts of yoga and ayurveda to the restorative practice
- The importance of “voice and touch” and “no voice or no touch”
- Overcoming obstacles
- How to support the student to move safely to stillness
- Holding space for the student to heal and unwind
- Option for a certificate with the successful completion of an assignment
- Training Manual
- Letter of attendance for completing the program and an additional certificate upon completion and approval of additional assignment
- Restore and Balance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater (This book is not included in course fees.)
(28 contact hours – 7 non contact hours)
Early Bird: $499.00 + HST before August 31st, 2018
Beyond Yoga Teachers, Beyond Yoga YTT Graduates and Beyond Yoga YTT Students receive an additional $50 discount.
Kimberly Mantas teaches Therapeutic, Restorative, Meditation, and Hatha yoga where she focuses on working with her clients and students to move out of pain and increase mobility. As a full-time teacher, Kimberly works in groups and privately with all individuals with pain, chronic injury or health conditions who want to better their athlete performance or enjoy their activities and hobbies. Kimberly is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT200, RYT 500 certified teacher and has been practicing yoga for over 17 years. She has studied extensively with local and international yoga teachers in meditation, yoga asana, yoga theory, yoga as therapy, and pranayama.