Time: 1 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– Do you have clients who have children and express pain, discomfort or incontinence when they sneeze, exercise or do chores around the house?Do you know how to REALLY help them?
This 3 hr intensive workshop is for you. Attend this workshop to learn the modern way to assist clients and patients in the weight room, in your therapy clinic and in your class. Kerri from recore.systems will lead you down the path of core training, as it has existed in the past, present and where it needs to go now.
Breakdown of the Workshop:
1:00pm-1:30pm: Theory and History of the Core
• how has core training evolved over time, where are we today and what needs to change
• theory of decompression of the abdominal core
• what does compression, organ prolapse and incontinence look like, feel like and what is happening EXACTLY
• if a client does not open up to you about their issues, how can you identify issues that are going on?
• full body assessments to determine dysfunction
• how the core’s compressive forces limits or propels the rest of the body’s function
• assessment guide to take and use on all your clients
• once dysfunction is identified, what exercises do you implement and which ones do you avoid
• at what point in the training cycle or recovery cycle do these exercises need to be present
• what are the proper regressions and progressions for the core and for decompression
• how to re-assess at particular training milestones
• we’ll talk specific clients, clear up any questions and discuss next steps for you come Monday morning