Discover the threads of practice. Learn to weave the tapestry of transformation.
NEXT YIN LEVEL I With Diane Lanthier:
January 16,17 and February 20,21, 2021
11 AM to 7 PM
NEXT YIN LEVEL II with Brian Moore:
April 10,11 and April 17,18, 2021
11 AM to 7 PM
CLICK HERE FOR AN INVITATION FROM BRIAN MOORE…
What is Yin Yoga?
We have all heard that “Yin is in” (Bernie Clark). Yin classes are getting busier and busier in all studios. Yin (quiet, passive) is the other half of your Yang (energetic) practice. They complement each other, maximizing physical, mental and emotional health benefits. Yin Yoga targets our deep tissues including connective tissues, deep fascia, ligaments, cartilage, joints and bones.
Yin Yoga can help to improve our energy flow by stimulating our organs in long-held, relaxed poses.
What is Yin Level I?
In Level 1, you will be covering all of the areas listed in the Program Description. This training will ensure that each student is fully prepared and knowledgeable to teach a yin class with confidence.
Who Will Benefit from Yin Yoga Teacher Training?
Teachers, students and anyone wanting to deepen their practice, refine their teaching skills and learn more about the benefits of this quiet practice. As we age, the flexibility in our joints can decrease. Yin yoga is a great way to maintain or improve that flexibility. This practice allows you the time to notice and feel the different physical and emotional sensations, while also adding a meditative aspect to your practice.
- Basic History of Yin Yoga
- Principles and Philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Physiology and Anatomy of Yin Yoga
- 25 Poses of Yin, Benefits and Precautions
- Yin Postures for the Upper Body
- Yang Counter Poses
- Physical, Energetic, Heart and Mind Benefits
- Sequencing and Practicum Flows
- Special Situations
- Meridian Chart
- Home Study
- Complete Yin Yoga Course Binder with handouts
- Certificate from Beyond Yoga for 30 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga. By Bernie Clark.
What is Yin Level II?
Building on the principles established in the Yin Level I foundation training, this training is a deep dive into the subtle energy anatomy, combining Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda. Together we will learn to properly layer the meditation, subtle energy practice, pranayama, mantra, and the physical practice, weaving the tapestry that facilitates transformation in our own lives, and the lives of others.
Who Will Benefit from Yin Level II Training?
Anyone who has completed the Yin Level I Training, and is interested in exploring yin yoga as a deeply transformative experience will benefit from this program.
Program Description: (30 Training hours: Same as Yin Level I)
- Applied Energetics: Yin Yoga is an energy game. Together we will explore how to use Bandhas, Pranayama, Mantra and Meditation to transform our internal landscape.
- Sequencing and Progression: This study will include a deeper exploration of mindful sequencing as we learn to employ the concepts of Yoga, Tantra, and Ayurveda to skillfully create vibrant classes that honor your students needs safely.
- Adjusts and Assists: We don’t do the practice. The practice does us. Through the skillful use of props, coaching, and care, teachers will learn to honor their students while helping them explore ways of opening to a deeper transformational experience.
- Home study (Building a 90-minute Yin class)
- Complete Yin Yoga Level II Course handouts.
- Certificate from Beyond Yoga for 30 Hours Yin Yoga Level II Teacher Training
- Yin Level I training (At Beyond, or elsewhere)
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga. By Bernie Clark
Yin Level I
Early Bird: Save $50 (Pay in full by December 16, 2020) $499.00 + HST
Regular Fee: $549.00 + HST
Refund Policy: Yin Level I: Refunds minus $50.00 + HST administration fee are available until December 16, 2020. As of December 17, 2020, NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.
Yin Level II
Early Bird: Save $50 (Pay in full by by March 10, 2021) $499.00 + HST
Regular Fee: $549.00 + HST
Refund Policy: Refunds minus $50.00 + HST administration fee are available until March 10, 2021. As of March 11, 2021, NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.
If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact Sylvie Gouin, Director – Beyond School of Yoga at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Teachers:
Diane Lanthier started her initial yoga practice at 52 years of age. Two years later, she made a life changing decision to retire early and pursue her passion for yoga on a full-time basis. Diane completed her initial 200-hour Hatha teacher training in 2006, under the tutelage of Vishvketu. Diane follows a program of continuous learning and development so that she is positioned to ensure that her students receive the maximum benefit and knowledge from their own yoga practice. Since 2006 Diane has also been certified in Yin, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha Raja, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, and was the first “Yoga for Golf” instructor in Eastern Ontario, as certified by Katherine Roberts. In 2014 Diane also completed her 500-hour teacher training with Loren Crawford.
In 2016 Diane expanded her desire to teach others by ongoing participation and leadership in both 200-hour YTT and 30-hour Yin YTT.
Diane believes that her yoga practice has challenged her to grow stronger and to be more self-confident. Her classes can be relaxing, challenging, informative and sometimes out of the box. “I just want everyone to know everything that I know and feel, about how wonderful yoga is for the health of your body and your mind.
Diane makes a conscious effort to follow the 8 limbs of yoga with a special focus on the Yama, Ahimsa which in summary is avoidance of violence and demonstrating kindness to every living being.
Brian Moore is an experienced, authentic, lifelong Yogi. A compassion-centered teacher whose classes are deeply influenced by ParaYoga (Sri Vidya lineage), Brian continues to train with his teacher. The ancient teachings inform his own practice, and the fire in his soul compels him help others explore this amazing shared experience of being human; to live fearlessly, anchored in our true nature.
Brian’s classes are welcoming, transformative, and fun!
Every class is designed to affect real changes in his students lives, by dissolving fear, stoking the fire of transformation, and helping people explore their full potential as a human being.
Each of us was born to shine. When we shine, we free others to shine as well.
Life is the journey toward becoming the person we were always meant to be.
Authentically you… Blissful, joyful, fearless!
Brian’s certifications include Yin Yoga, and Gentle Somatic Yoga.