Gentle Somatic Yoga®:
Create Freedom Through Somatic Awakening
with James Knight
Certified Hanna Somatic Educator, Author, Integrative Therapist, and founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga®
NEW DATES! September 11, 12 & 13, 2020
Friday September 11th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 12th from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 13th from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Early Bird Price (Save $50!): $275 plus HST, Register here before August 14th.
Regular Price: $325 plus HST
Friday: Evening of Complete Restoration
Early Bird Price: $65 plus HST, Register here before August 14th.
Regular Price: $75 plus HST
Saturday: Introductory Workshop
Early Bird Price: $75 plus HST, Register here before August 14th.
Regular Price: $88 plus HST
Sunday: Deeper Dive
Early Bird Price: $165 plus HST, Register here before August 14th.
Regular Price: $195 plus HST
Friday, September 11, 2020
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Evening of Complete Restoration
Join James Knight, Certified Hanna Somatic Educator, Author, Integrative Therapist, and founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga®, for a very special restorative themed evening at Beyond Yoga Studio & Wellness Centre.
Through therapeutic and corrective exercises, called Somatic Movement Flows®, learn how to restore your own body. The proven results include freedom from chronic pain, dramatically increased flexibility, enhanced strength, and improved posture.
Relax and unwind from your week with this embodied candlelight practice of mindful movement. Stay after class to enjoy tea, treats, and conversation in a special meet and greet reception to welcome James to the Beyond Community.
Saturday, September 12, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Introductory Workshop
This accessible and all levels workshop is an ideal introduction to the world of Gentle Somatic Yoga®.
Join James Knight, founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga® for an engaging afternoon of movement education including:
- A brief introduction and overview GSY, including the neuroscience behind this revolutionary approach and how to you recognize and reprogram habitual patterns of stress held deep in the body.
- A class where you will be led through 10+ Somatic Movement Flows® to inspire and enhance your practice.
- Discussion, and an extended Q&A period where you will be invited to ask questions about physical conditions, tips and modifications
Come prepared to explore new ways of movement that unlock and erase habitual patterns of holding stress and pain in the body. The proven results will transform your life. All abilities and ages are welcome.
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Deeper Dive
- Expand your knowledge with the latest discoveries in neuroscience for self-healing;
- Develop an understanding of the reflexes that contribute to patterns of chronic tension held in the body.
- Learn more about Sensory Motor Amnesia® and how you can unwind stiffness, pain and postural imbalances, and dramatically increase flexibility through brain-to-muscle re-education.
- Practice and learn 12+ new Somatic Movement Flows® to inspire and inform your own GSY journey moving forward.
- Engage and explore with in-class discussions and a Question and Answer period.
All ages and abilities are welcome. This class is suitable for Yoga teachers*, body workers, active seniors, and beginning Yoga students. Regardless of age or ability, you will learn practical and effective skills which you can immediately incorporate into your movement practice.
Participants will have an embodied experience that will not only help them, but can also be shared with their family members, friends, clients, and students.
Yoga instructors may claim CEU hours for this workshop.
About James Knight
James has been an E-RYT, CHSE (Certified Hanna Somatic Educator), and Integrative Therapist for 25+ years. His passion is to inspire and encourage others to live a fulfilling life of physical, emotional and spiritual freedom.
From his combined experience as a lifelong yogi, intuitive bodyworker, psychotherapist, and movement educator, James founded a method of integrating what he discovered to be the most progressive, life-enhancing techniques into an embodied practice of mindful movement. Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) was born out of years of exploring means of connecting with the deepest aspects of himself.
As an architectural and interior designer, master Feng Shui consultant, and professional photographer, James enjoys designing sacred spaces and other creative endeavors that reflect his spiritual aesthetic. On a personal level, he enjoys spending quality time with loved ones while cultivating and energizing conscious community.
James spends much of his time traveling the world facilitating teacher training certifications, workshops, and cultural immersion retreats. Please join him and experience GSY for yourself! Visit James’ website here