Meditation Teacher Training Intensive
with Kimberly Mantas
This 35-hour course explores the purpose of meditation, yoga theory as well as the preparations and practices of meditation. We will explore meditation for personal practice and we will learn how to incorporate meditation into an asana practice. You will come away from the training with the foundation and skills to incorporate meditation for students in a group yoga class setting. The training approaches meditation in a modern practical way with the foundational layers from the yoga texts and methods providing the roadmap.
Meditation Training program description:
35-hour Yoga Alliance and YACEP course
The comprehensive curriculum, for both personal and student application will include both lecture, group learning, individual practice and hands on practice with partners and groups to fully integrate the concepts of a meditation practice. Topics and concepts will include:
• What, where, when, why of meditation
• Mindfulness, meditation, and other concentration styles
• Contraindications and reasons not to meditate
• Meditation and the teaching of yoga from the ancient and current yoga teachings
• The preparation techniques of meditation
• Models of the mind and the pancha maya kosha
• Incorporating meditation into your life
• Meditation techniques to use and practice
• Practice meditations
• Obstacles of meditation
• Incorporating meditation in a group class
• Establishing a regular practice
• How Ayurveda can be used to assist your meditation
• Taking the seat of the teacher
• Training Manual
• Letter of attendance for completing the program and an additional certificate upon completion and approval of additional assignment
If you wish to receive a certificate recognized by Yoga Alliance, an assignment must be completed, submitted and approved by Kimberly Mantas.
April 27th & 28th and May 4th & 5th, 2019
Saturday and Sunday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(28 contact hours – 7 non-contact hours)
$549.00 + HST
Early Bird: $499.00 + HST before March 31st , 2019
**Beyond Yoga Teachers, Beyond Yoga YTT Graduates and Beyond Yoga YTT Students receive an additional $50 discount.**
A refund is available up to 5 business days before the training.
About your teacher:
Kimberly Mantas is a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), meditation and yoga teacher trainer (E-RYT 500). Kimberly enjoys leading clients, students, and teachers to be their best selves physically, emotionally and mentally through pranayama, philosophy, ayurveda, meditation and asana. She focuses her time with her private clients as a yoga therapist, a yoga teacher trainer, and a leader of specialized trainings and workshops.
Over 30 years ago, Kimberly started working with mental practices with professionals while in competitive sport. She loved the results and has continued to explore and enjoy the many rewards from her meditation practice. Her goal is to remove the stigma and reservations of meditation for the student and continue to help make meditation accessible, so the benefits are experienced by everyone.