New to Beyond Yoga Studio & Wellness Centre?
Join us for a wide variety of classes designed to accommodate yogis of any level.
Our Introductory Offer is available to anyone who is new to Beyond Yoga.
What class should I choose?
- If you are brand new to yoga, any of our gentle yoga classes would be a great option
- If you have done yoga in the past, you can try gentle, hatha or maybe even a yin class
Download our waiver here, fill it out and bring it along to your first class!
Things to know before your first virtual yoga session:
- Virtual classes are hosted via the Zoom meeting platform. Download the free app or create your free account at www.zoom.us.
- Upon registration of your virtual class you can expect to receive a confirmation email with Zoom meeting link information immediately. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you may not be opted-in to receive emails. Check your Beyond client account info and ensure you have checked off both opt-in boxes to receive text or email account info, class confirmations, and reminders.
- Contact us at email@example.com for help accessing your virtual classes. This email address is monitored throughout the day and 15 minutes before every class start time.
Things to know for your first in-studio yoga session:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the class to register and settle in.
- Please note that once the studio doors are closed, late arrivals are not granted entry into the class.
- Please remove shoes before entering the studio.
- We suggest wearing clothing that you can move comfortably in. Yoga is done barefoot therefore you do not need any special footwear. Kindly know that shirts are always required. Please be mindful that some clothing can gape and even be see-through when bending and stretching in yoga postures. For the comfort of yourselves and others, it is recommended that you make sure your clothing is appropriate.
- Bring a yoga mat and water bottle with you (we have a limited amount of mats available to borrow).
- Please make sure that your cell phone is turned off while in the studio.
- Purses may be brought into the classroom – larger items can be left in the waiting area.
- Please be mindful that others may be meditating prior to class….your silence is appreciated.
- Please refrain from wearing any scent.
What is Noble Silence?
Noble Silence is an invitation to move and speak quietly so that we can begin the process of redirecting our energy and focus inward. When we practice Noble Silence we can help create a period of deep healing before class starts. Many desperately need a place of quiet to unwind, settle down and complete that transition from daily life to inner calm.
Noble Silence does not mean that we are not allowed to talk. It simply means that we don’t have to talk, we have no obligation to talk during this period. If you see a friend, it’s okay to acknowledge them with a smile or a bow. Support their Noble Silence and know they support yours. If you would like to have a conversation, feel free to whisper or move into the lounge area at the front of the studio.
We thank you for practicing Noble Silence in your class.