Saturday, January 13
1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Calm and Energized
Delve into the study and practice of the five Pranas and learn how combining asana practice, meditation and time in nature with specific visualizations, breathing techniques, mantras and affirmations enhances our energy, focus and peace.
This Inspired Breath: A Yoga and Ayurveda Training will provide you with the knowledge and experiential opportunity to integrate these sacred practices. And, you will leave feeling confident to share these effective and relatable techniques with your students.
What you will learn:
- A review of the five Pranas
- The five minor Pranas
- The five levels of Prana
- A breath and visualization technique for each of the five main Pranas. Each of these techniques has a special focus: 1. embodied calm, 2. improved focus, determination and digestion, 3. improved communication, 4. increased energy and inspiration, 5. magnetic radiance. These techniques are accessible to all levels and they can be practiced for as little as 3 breaths or longer.
- Effects of balanced and unbalanced Prana
- The spinal breath technique
- How and when to teach these techniques to beginner and experienced students
This training includes:
- Interactive presentation of the subject
- Group work
- Yoga and meditation practice
- A regular yoga practice
- A 200-hour yoga teacher training certification or completion of the Breathe Easy program
Date: Saturday, January 13
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fee: $199.00 + HST (includes handout)
If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact Sylvie Gouin, Director – Beyond School of Yoga at: email@example.com
About Sylvie Gouin:
With over 20 years of full-time experience teaching, consulting and presenting on the subject of yoga for holistic well-being, Sylvie Gouin is established in the practice of yoga and well-prepared to assist you on your journey. She has been leading yoga teacher training programs since 2007 and as of 2019 has lead 17 recognized certification programs. Her extensive knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to continue and develop her offerings, combined with her dedication to the practice and her students is inspiring and contagious.
Her credentials include E-RYT 500, certified yoga therapist, certified Ayurvedic lifestyle specialist, reiki master and registered holistic nutritionist. She has a degree in Holistic Theology and is a member of the Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists of Canada. She is the author of two books on the subject of yoga, a teacher of teachers and a yoga therapist working in private settings (inspiredlivingwithsylvie.com).