Saturday & Sunday November 13 & 14, November 27 & 28
11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
What is Yin Yoga?
We have all heard that “Yin is in” (Bernie Clark). Yin classes are getting busier and busier in all studios. Yin (quiet, passive) is the other half of your Yang (energetic) practice. They complement each other, maximizing physical, mental and emotional health benefits. Yin Yoga targets our deep tissues including connective tissues, deep fascia, ligaments, cartilage, joints and bones.
Yin Yoga can help to improve our energy flow by stimulating our organs in long-held, relaxed poses.
What is Yin Level I?
In Level 1, you will be covering all of the areas listed in the Program Description. This training will ensure that each student is fully prepared and knowledgeable to teach a yin class with confidence.
Who Will Benefit from Yin Yoga Teacher Training?
Teachers, students and anyone wanting to deepen their practice, refine their teaching skills and learn more about the benefits of this quiet practice. As we age, the flexibility in our joints can decrease. Yin yoga is a great way to maintain or improve that flexibility. This practice allows you the time to notice and feel the different physical and emotional sensations, while also adding a meditative aspect to your practice.
- Basic History of Yin Yoga
- Principles and Philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Physiology and Anatomy of Yin Yoga
- 25 Poses of Yin, Benefits and Precautions
- Yin Postures for the Upper Body
- Yang Counter Poses
- Physical, Energetic, Heart and Mind Benefits
- Sequencing and Practicum Flows
- Special Situations
- Meridian Chart
- Home Study
- Complete Yin Yoga Course Binder with handouts
- Certificate from Beyond Yoga for 30 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga. By Bernie Clark.
Early Bird: Save $50 (Pay in full by October 13th) $499.00 + HST
Regular Fee: $549.00 + HST
Refund Policy: Yin Level I: Refunds minus $50.00 + HST administration fee are available until November 6th. As of November 7th, 2021, NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.
If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact Sylvie Gouin, Director – Beyond School of Yoga at: email@example.com
About Your Instructor:
Diane Lanthier started her initial yoga practice at 52 years of age. Two years later, she made a life changing decision to retire early and pursue her passion for yoga on a full-time basis. Diane completed her initial 200-hour Hatha teacher training in 2006, under the tutelage of Vishvketu. Diane follows a program of continuous learning and development so that she is positioned to ensure that her students receive the maximum benefit and knowledge from their own yoga practice. Since 2006 Diane has also been certified in Yin, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha Raja, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, and was the first “Yoga for Golf” instructor in Eastern Ontario, as certified by Katherine Roberts. In 2014 Diane also completed her 500-hour teacher training with Loren Crawford.
In 2016 Diane expanded her desire to teach others by ongoing participation and leadership in both 200-hour YTT and 30-hour Yin YTT.
Diane believes that her yoga practice has challenged her to grow stronger and to be more self-confident. Her classes can be relaxing, challenging, informative and sometimes out of the box. “I just want everyone to know everything that I know and feel, about how wonderful yoga is for the health of your body and your mind.
Diane makes a conscious effort to follow the 8 limbs of yoga with a special focus on the Yama, Ahimsa which in summary is avoidance of violence and demonstrating kindness to every living being.
Beyond School of Yoga
- Welcome to the Beyond School of Yoga
- 200 Hour Hatha YTT
- Yin Level I Yoga Teacher Training
- Yin Level II Yoga Teacher Training
- Breathe Easy
- Calm Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Chair Yoga Teacher Training
- Foundations of Restorative Yoga
- Gentle Yoga for Active Aging Teacher Training
- Inspired Journey through the Chakras Virtual Certification Program
- Meditation Certification Course